Celebrating Female Leaders Month
Posted by: Nicky Garcea and Alex Linley (as part of Capp’s Female Leaders Month, June 2012)
As we come to end of Female Leaders Month we hope you have enjoyed our blogs. We know from your feedback that the role of harnessing your power bases, realising your strengths and overcoming subliminal sexism has struck chords with many of you.
Our commitment to developing the Generation F of future female talent does not end here.
We are delighted as this month draws to a close to be able to share with you the launch of our Female Leaders Programme. This programme has been designed to harness the unique and impactful combination of strengths and power base development, helping female leaders to maximise the opportunities that are open to them by building on the capabilities they have.
In July, we will also be launching our Women in Leadership survey, designed to explore more about many of the issues that have been raised by our blogs and your comments throughout Female Leaders Month. We hope you will join us in completing this survey and help us further shape the women in leadership debate.
To receive regular female leadership updates, you are also invited to follow Nicky on Twitter, @NickyGarcea
As we sign off for the month, we have 7 Top Tips for Female Leaders, that summarise the advice we have shared across Female Leaders Month:
1. Take confidence from your strengths: know what you’re good at and what energises you – and use it!
2. Maximise your unrealised strengths: align them to your future career goals and aspirations
3. Harness your power: influence decisions and outcomes to help you get what you want
4. Be courageous: with your choice of mentor and sponsor, don’t shy away from seeking someone with status
5. Think before you speak: eradicate unnecessary apologetic language from your daily interactions and particularly in meetings
6. Tilt more than balance: say yes to the things that draw on your strengths and reduce the time you spend on non-critical weaknesses
7. Hold out your hand: through your behaviours and actions, you can play your part to open the door for the female talent of tomorrow.
We hope that the themed blogs of Female Leaders Month have inspired you to do more to celebrate and develop female talent. Watch out for future blogs on these issues on The Capp Blog, and please share your comments and experiences by using the Comment function below.